Friday, December 28, 2012

-52-

Hey guys! I'm back from my unannounced Christmas break. One last post before moving on to next year. I might have to change my method of blogging since I start new studies in January. Well, here we go!


From top left: Harry Potter extras, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Home Alone 2, Will & Grace

FILM

Since I haven't wrote for a while, some of my news might be a bit older, but deal with it. As a committed Disney fan I'll start with this new concept art picture of the upcoming Frozen animated film, based on the classic Snow Queen fairytale. This doesn't really give us any new info, but just clears up the visual image of the film and it looks like they are going with a classic look and not too unusual.


Disney is also moving forward with the Tron Legacy sequel currently named Tron 3. I really loved Legacy visually so I got high hopes for this one too. Garrett Hedlund was reported to reprise his lead role, but the plot is still a mystery. Hopefully Olivia Wilde will be back too.

Johnny Depp is keeping busy though The Lone Ranger isn't even out yet (new trailer here!) and he's got next project already on the line. He is planning a modern take on Don Quixote, where I can only assume he'll attack skyscrapers instead of windmills of the original story. Since it's Depp we can't really expect anything, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more updates on this project!

Though Barbra Streisand's comedy that is out now (I can't even remember the name, she co-stars with Seth Rogen) and it kinda flopped, she is keeping busy with her Gypsy movie adaptation. Now she has hinted that she would be interested to see Lady Gaga star in it.  That would honestly be pretty amazing! I would love to see a bit toned down version of Gaga.

I finally saw Chronicle and I can honestly say it was one of the best movies of 2012. So obviously I had too look up the director Josh Trank and that was pretty easy since he was in the headlines recently when his Fantastic Four reboot got a release date. So it looks like 2015 is going to be the year of nerds, with Fantastic Four reboot, Avengers 2, Justice League, Star Wars 7 and maybe even Avatar 2 coming out the same year.

TV

For TV news I've mostly got casting news since they all are currently on Christmas break too. I was going to post this behind-the-scenes of Parks and Rec, with Christ Pratt, but you'll have to watch through 30 sec toilet paper commercial to get to the video, so have fun with that. And by the way, Jenny Slate (old SNL member) is coming in for a guest spot as Jean Ralphio's (Ben Schwartz) sister and shares his bizarre personality.

Speaking of SNL, Jennifer Lawrence is hosting the show Jan 19th. Though her previous roles (Winters Bone and Hunger Games) haven't really been comic ones, I laugh at every interview she's in because she is so funny! And also, look at this. She is currently promoting her dramedy Silver Linings Playbook.

It's funny how everything seems to be connected to SNL this week. Abby Elliot left the show past year, but we can still see her in TV. She appeared in an episode of 2 Broke Girls few weeks ago and has now landed a guest spot on the Happy Endings where she plays a love interest to Adam Pally's gay character Max, who falls for her for all the wrong reasons (basketball game tickets). If you are a fan of the show, you should also check out this video!

Sean Hayes (Will&Grace) might be coming back to TV for a longer haul, if his comedy gets picked up for airing in NBC. The show is a bout a dad whose 14-yo daughter moves in with him. Hayes has recently appeared in Up All Night and Parks and Rec. He will also have an arc in the second season of Smash. And you can find a long list of Smash spoilers here!

TRAILER

Tarrence Malik is back after Tree of Life with another stunning film, To The Wonder. It stars some big names like Ben Afleck, Olga Kurylenko, Rachel McAdams and Javier Bardem. The footage has similar feeling to it as the Tree of Life had, but I think this one might be a bit more comprehensible.


Then some comedy. Here is the trailer for The Incredible Burt Wonderstone starring Steve Carrel and Steve Buscemi. With Jim Carrey too, this one is hilariously stupid and that's why I like it.


And lastly, the first proper trailer for Man Of Steel, the Superman movie directed by Zach Snyder with Henry Cavill in the title role. Finally we get to see some action and flying.



That's all folks! Happy New Year and I'll see you in 2013!

1 comment: