Tuesday, May 8, 2012

-19-

This weeks post should be just regular, for once. And btw watch 30 Rock's newest episode, Queen of Jordan is back!  Then some quotes again:

"It was my turn to be irresponsible. And luckily, I had sunscreen in my purse." 
-Claire
Julie Bowen on Modern Family

"I'm going to end up alone. I'm going to be a single, old lady flashing people on the subway."
-Jess
Zooey Deschanel on New Girl

"I thought the worst day of your life was the day you got the haircut you have currently right now"
-Max
Adam Pally on Happy Endings

"-Hey Baby
-We hate Ted now, get on board or the sexting stops
- Ted's a son of a bitch!"
Lily and Marshall
Alyson Hannigan and Jason Segel on How I Met Your Mother

One of the biggest fashion events of US, the Met Costume Institute Gala, was held last night in NY. Once again the big and powerful gathered to honor the distinguished department of MET Museum. I'm no fashion expert, so I'll just offer you a link to a full coverage of the event by Socialite Life. Just click "See all galleries" to get a full view.

I get so excited every time I find some Oscar-related news and last week I found this. Before last year's Academy Awards  the venue formerly know as Kodak Theater was forced to change its name after Kodak pulled its sponsorship, so last time it was called Highland Hollywood Center, but from now on it is called Dolby Theater. Their contract is for next twenty years so I know where I'll be giving my acceptance speech.


Last weekend was record breaking at US box office. Marvel's (owned by Disney) Avengers had the biggest opening weekend of all time with $200.3 million beating last year's success Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows Part 2. Although Avengers failed to beat out Potter for biggest opening night, that is still quite an success and very good news for Disney who really needed this after John Carter.

Lot of casting news from last week too. Jonah Hill joined Leonardo DiCaprio on Martin Scorcese's newest project The Wolf of Wall Street. The film is based on the memoir of a Wall Street stockbroker. So looks like Hill is continuing his drama film career after Moneyball last year.

I don't know if I should be laughing or crying, but Tom Cruise was cast as the new Van Helsing in an upcoming reboot of the series. The last Van Helsing from 2006 was a total flop with Hugh Jackman in the leading role and I just can't take Cruise seriously as some vampire hunting professor. It is hard enough to hear him sing in this summers Rock Of Ages.

Kellan Lutz, mainly known for Twilight, got his first big leading role as Tarzan in an upcoming 3D adaption of the classic story. No word yet on who will play Jane, nor on the release date. I hope they try their best not to make it too cliché, because that's just the first word that comes to mind when I hear Tarzan.

Angelina Jolie's Maleficent filled its cast past week too. Imelda Staunton (Harry Potter-series) and Lesley Manville (Vera Drake) joined the cast as the fairy godmothers. The classic Disney movie had three godmothers, so if they follow that premise, third one might be coming, but I think they would've announced that too if  they planned on three godmothers. Miranda Richardson (Harry Potter-series) was cast as Queen Anne. Few other parts were cast too, see the rest here! This is really shaping up to be a movie that I'm looking forward to see.


Then some TV news. I have no idea what ABC is doing, but there are rumours again that they might cut Cougar Town, but don't worry. Now TBS has hinted that it might pick up the show if ABC drops it. I really don't care what channel it comes from, as long as it is on air. Cougar Town has been struggling with their network almost every season, but thanks to loyal fans it is still holding on.

New Girl star Max Greenfield recently starred in a funny viral video as his character from the show. This workout video of his lead to him holding a real workout class for a charity. Though many of the attendees assumed that the work out  would be just for laughs, turns out Schmidt (his character) takes the classes pretty seriously. Unfortunately I didn't found a video from the event, but here is the original video. Greenfield worked as an instructor before his success. 


Weekly post next week again!

No comments:

Post a Comment