I realised that I haven't told that much about me in this blog, and I see people taking these questionnaires about themselves to reveal bits and pieces of their personalities. And I wanted to do something classy, nothing with: "How many people have you slept with?"- type of questions.
Then I remembered that there is one very clever one on every issue of Vanity Fair. That questionnaire is based on the famous Proust Questionnaire, which is falsely credited as being invented by Proust, but it was actually just made popular by him. The one in Vanity Fair is just one version of it, second that comes to mind is from Inside Actors Studio, a TV show which I've lately grown to like very much. In ISA, James Lipton gives his version of the questionnaire to his quests (actors, directors, etc), but that is bit boring one, so I chose the Vanity Fair.
In the same time, this is also a challenge to all the other bloggers, you can answer the questions yourselves at Vanity Fair and see which celebrity chose answers most like you. Just remember to take the answers up before completing, so you can write them to your blog, as you won't be able to see them after completing the questionnaire, but you have to take it again, or copy my text and replace with your answers.
Here are my answers, and remember to not over think the answers, they are supposed to be answered in rapid session.
1. What is your idea of happiness?
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. Which [historical] figure do you most identify with?
4. Which living person do you most admire?
5. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Too high expectations
6. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
7. What is your greatest extravagance?
Magazines and sweets
8. On what occasion do you lie?
When its more beneficial to all than the truth
9. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My big feet
10. When were you happiest?
In Central Park, NY few years ago
11. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
12. If you could change one thing about your family what would it be?
Boundaries (More or less)
13. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Accepting who I am
14. If you died and came back as person or thing what do you think it would be?
A bird, probably a stork.
15. What is your most treasured possession?
My iPod (always with me)
16. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
17. Who are your heroes in real life?
18. What is it that you most dislike?
19. How would you like to die?
20. What is your motto?
Live by your rules
My closest celebrity matches were Oscar De La Renta and Aretha Franklin, what were yours?
Weekly update coming in Tuesday probably